Regulations set forth by the National Axe Throwing Federation (NATF), and the World Axe Throwing League (WATL)
1. Axe must be wooden handled;
2. Axe must be sheathed when not throwing;
3. Only one player per target permitted in the arena;
4. Do not approach the target until both axes in a pair of lanes have been thrown, and are either in the wood or on the ground; 5. Sound isolating devices are not permitted;
1. e.g. including, but not limited to headphones and earplugs.
Handling the axe
1. If you are having trouble pulling your axe from the target, be sure to
grab it by the handle as far away from the head as possible to get the most leverage and wiggle it out.
2. Make sure the blade is covered while carrying an axe;
. Be aware of your surroundings and keep the axe blade close to you while moving:
3. Do not gesture with, or swing, the axe while carrying.
4. Must wear closed shoes or boots no open toes or sandals